[Samba] Win2K not joining to Samba+LDAP

Shekhar webmaster at viitindia.org
Mon May 6 02:53:02 GMT 2002

I have setup samba2.2.3a-7 with openLDAP as backend. I have followed the
procedure from samba.idealx.org . I am able to add NT4 machines to domain
but when I add w2k foll err occurs. I supply root login for adding the
machine.
The following error occurred attempting to join the domain "FREEDOM"
The supplied domain either does not exist or could not be contacted

Here is my smb.conf
[global]
workgroup = FREEDOM
netbios name = CZAR
server string = File Server
security = USER
ldap suffix = dc=viit,dc=edu
ldap admin dn = cn=Manager,dc=viit,dc=edu
domain admin group = @admin @root
ldap server = 127.0.0.1
ldap port = 389
ldap ssl = no
add user script = /scripts/ldap/smbldap-useradd.pl -w %u
passwd program = /scripts/sync %u
passwd chat = *new*password* %n\n \
*New*password* %n\n *Retype*new*password* %n\n \
unix password sync = Yes

TIA

Shekhar