[Samba] Samba 2.2.4 - RedHat 7.2

Paul Casteels Paul.Casteels at ua.ac.be
Sun May 5 06:26:02 GMT 2002

Hello,

I upgraded my RedHat 7.2 Samba 2.2.3a to 2.2.4 with the RPM binary :
 redhat/RPMS/7.2/samba-2.2.4-1.i386.rpm

 File sharing seems to work, but in the logs I see complaints about files
missing in /var/tmp/samba/etc/codepages/. These files are located in
/etc/codepages... If I put a link from /var/tmp/samba to /etc I can no
longer login.

 When I ask for the properties of a printer I get : Printer properties
could not be displayed. After I increased the debug level, I could no
longer access the printer and in the log file there was a message about an
illegal NT password allthough file sharing worked fine.
 I upgraded from 2.2.3a because of printer problems. Is there anyone more
succesfull with 2.2.4 and RedHat7.2 ?

Paul Casteels		Paul.Casteels at ua.ac.be	Tel: +32.3.8202455
						Fax: +32.3.8202470
University of Antwerp	Dpt.Physics