[Samba] Winbind doesn't authenticate users -2.2.4/RH 7.2

jungwirr at students.msn.herzing.edu jungwirr at students.msn.herzing.edu
Sat May 4 20:28:02 GMT 2002

I have winbind authenticating against a W2K Domain Controller.  It works
just fine with 2.2.3.  After upgrading to 2.2.4 I can no longer authenticate
agains a W2K domain account.  Everything compiles, installs, and starts
successfully Under 2.2.4.  wbinfo -u gives a correct list of users, wbinfo
-t verifies that the secret is good.  Howerver, running 'getent passwd' and
'getent group' yield only the local users and groups, whereas under 2.2.3
they yielded all local and W2K domain users.  Any ideas?  Below is my
smb.conf
Russell Jungwirth
Herzing College

# Samba config file created using SWAT
# from 192.168.10.56 (192.168.10.56)
# Date: 2002/02/26 12:45:21

# Global parameters
[global]
        workgroup = HERZING
        server string = student_web
        interfaces = eth1
        smb passwd file = /etc/smbpasswd
        unix password sync = Yes
        username map = /etc/smbusers
        passwd program = /usr/bin/passwd %u
        passwd chat = *New*Unix*password* %n\n *ReType*new*Unix*password
%n\n *password changed*
        encrypt passwords = Yes
        # separate domain and username with a slash
        winbind separator = _
        # use uids from 10000 to 20000 for windows AD users
        winbind uid = 10000-20000
        # use gids from 10000 to 20000 for windows AD users
        winbind gid = 10000-20000
        # allow enumeration of winbind users and groups
        winbind enum users = yes
        winbind enum groups = yes
        # no domain prefixes
        winbind default domain = true
        # winbind default domain = HERZING
        # give winbind users a real shell (for now...)
        template shell = /bin/bash
        template homedir = /home/domain/%U
        security = domain
        password server = 192.168.10.13