[Samba] Samba 2.2.4 install

Dirk ALLAERT Dirk.Allaert at schaubroeck.be
Sat May 4 03:00:03 GMT 2002

if you use make, samba gets installed in /usr/local/samba.
if you want to start the new version you would have to start
/usr/local/samba/bin/nmbd -D
/usr/local/samba/bin/smbd -D

if you want 2.2.4 you should either remove the old version (and make
sure that the one under /usr/local/samba get's started) or upgrade the
old one using apt I guess (don't use debian myself)

"type smbd" will give you the location of the old smbd.