[Samba] 2.2.4 RPMs for SuSE Linux 7.2, 7.3 and 8.0

Lars Mueller lmuelle at SuSE.de
Fri May 3 18:30:10 GMT 2002

Hello,

due to the publication of samba 2.2.4 yesterday we truncate at the
moment the daily availability of RPMs from the 2.2 CVS tree.

As the second consequence we finaly have build RPMs from the new stable
version.  These packages are not yet tested extensive, hence please
report any bug.

These packages are build for both possible security authentication
mechanism (SAM), smbpasswd and LDAP. smbpasswd is the classic file based
method.  LDAP requires a properly configured LDAP server, e.g. the SuSE
Linux eMail Server.

Cause in samba 2.2.x is no runtime configuration option to select LDAP
or classic SAM, we needed to build the binaries twice. Therefor you must
install additional to samba and samba-client either samba-classic and
samba-classic-client or samba-ldap and samba-ldap-client.  These
packages contains the appropriate binaries for the wanted SAM and
conflicts to each other pair.

You'll find the packages at ftp://ftp.SuSE.com/pub/people/lmuelle/
--
Lars Müller
SuSE Linux AG, Deutschherrnstraße 15-19, 90429 Nürnberg, Germany