[Samba] NetBIOS name of 15-characters still doesn't work

Herb Lewis herb at sgi.com
Fri May 3 15:59:16 GMT 2002

I just tried this on my redhat 7.2 with the released 2.2.4 code and
it seems to work fine.

Ken Cross wrote:

> Herb:
>
> Thanks for the feedback.
>
> The 2.2.4-pre listed below was as of Wednesday -- is there something
> more recent that's not announced?
>
> Yes, you're right about the minimal smb.conf, but I've tried it with
> various "normal" ones with the same result.
>
> The bottom line seems to be that I can't find a platform that Samba will
> work with a 15-char name, except what you've reported.
>
> Surely others either have it working or are having similar problems?
>
> Thanks,
> Ken

Herb Lewis                               Silicon Graphics
Networking Engineer                      1600 Amphitheatre Pkwy MS-510
Strategic Software Organization          Mountain View, CA  94043-1351
herb at sgi.com                             Tel: 650-933-2177
http://www.sgi.com                       Fax: 650-932-2177