[Samba] samba 2.2.3a with-ldapsam, pwdMustchange solved

Andreas Hasenack andreas at conectiva.com.br
Fri May 3 12:15:02 GMT 2002

Em Sat, Apr 27, 2002 at 06:31:54AM -0700, abartlet at samba.org escreveu:
> > some days ago there was a discussion, where the pwdMustChange attribute
> > was set to 0 to force the account to change the password at the next
> > logon. unfortunatly samba did not set back the pwdMustChange, so the
> > next time the user logs on, he needs again to change the password.
>
> This is correct in HEAD BTW, but I would not be supprised to heard that it
> didn't make it into 2.2.
>
> Andrew Bartlett

I think it didn't indeed. I was trying to get this to work with samba-2.2.3a +
ldap enabled and it just didn't work. In fact, I couldn't make the windows
client prompt to change the password at logon time. Sniffing the network
showed that samba always replied with FFFFFF (more or less F, probably meaning
-1) to the "must change" field/whatever. Ethereal translated it to "Never".