[Samba] Replacing 3 out of 4 NT servers w/ Samba

Patrick Gunerud slu at firerun.net
Fri May 3 12:06:04 GMT 2002

It sounds like your best option for using samba and Win2k server is to
setup the Win2k server as the PDC and join each machine running samba to
the domain.  Then use winbind to allow the machines running samba to
authenticate windows users.  As I understand it you do not need to add
the accounts on each machine it will use the ones from the Windows PDC.

Patrick