[Samba] Replacing 3 out of 4 NT servers w/ Samba

User Tkrin tkrin at tkrin.net
Fri May 3 11:40:02 GMT 2002

Hello all.  I have four NT servers that are all in dire need of upgrading.  What
I want to do is replace three of those w/ samba and leave the fourth Win2K due
to some internal apps that require IIS.  The basic layout is each server is a
PDC, for what reason I can not figure out completely, I inhereted them recently.
 There are trust relationships among them and users access data across all four
domains.

I'm not really sure what my best options are for setting this up.  It would be
nice to have the Win2k box be a PDC and the samba servers be BDC's, but that
functionality does not seem to be available yet.  I would like to have some way
of centralize authentication, maybe NIS, Kerberos, or something so that a give
user does not have to be added to each server and when they change their
password, it changes for the other servers as well.

Is this possible?  If there is any documentation any of you would suggest,
pages, books, white papers, etc., please let me know.

Thanks all!

-T