[Samba] Samba Error Messages

John_Ortiz at blm.gov John_Ortiz at blm.gov
Fri May 3 09:45:02 GMT 2002

Hello,

We received the following errors when issuing the smbpasswd command in
completing an install of the SAMBA 2.2.3a version onto an AIX 4.3.3 server.

Can I get info on these error messages and whether they are critical to the
install.?  They did not seem to prevent us from finishing the install and
once the server was recognized into the Microsoft domain, we were able to
function as intended.
But I want to understand these errors better. I appreciate any information
you can provide.

Thanks

John Ortiz
COTS Software Evaluation & Management Team Lead
National IRM Center - Bureau of Land Management
303 236-1832   voice
303 236-3327   fax

----- Forwarded by John Ortiz/NIRM/BLM/DOI on 05/03/02 10:28 AM -----

                    super at tl0251.t
                    l.blm.gov            To:     john_ortiz at blm.gov
                                         cc:     Steve_White at blm.gov
                    04/29/02 03:24       Subject:     Samba Error Messages
                    PM

root at tl0251:/usr/local/samba/bin # smbpasswd -jTESTLAB -rTL0014
cli_net_auth2: Error NT_STATUS_NO_TRUST_SAM_ACCOUNT
cli_nt_setup_creds: auth2 challenge failed
modify_trust_password: unable to setup the PDC credentials to machine
TL0014. Error was :
 NT_STATUS_NO_TRUST_SAM_ACCOUNT.
2002/04/29 15:18:27 : change_trust_account_password: Failed to change
password for domain
 TESTLAB.
Unable to join domain TESTLAB.