[Samba] Samba 2.2.4 Released

Gerald Carter jerry at samba.org
Fri May 3 07:52:02 GMT 2002

On Fri, 3 May 2002, Adam Manock wrote:

> >  * Several fixes relating to serving PC database files such
> >    as (Access and FoxPro) from a Samba file share.
>
> Anyone have details on this?
>
> Any particular applications affected?
>
> Bug ids?
>
> Anything that:
>          oplocks = no
>          level2 oplocks = no
>
> or something like:
>          veto oplock files = /*.mdb/*.MDB/*.ldb/*.LDB/

See the "lock spin count" and "lock spin time" parameters
in smb.conf(5).

Apparently NT does not reply with a failure if a lock
cannot immediately be granted by waits slightly and tries
again.  Jeremy found this thanks to a test *.exe
that someone (can't remember who) submitted to reproduce the
bug.  The bug was reproduce with FoxPro IIRC.

cheers, jerry