[Samba] 2 Qs, Win ME failure and SWAT issue.

Sean McHenry smchenry at columbus.rr.com
Fri May 3 07:45:03 GMT 2002

Yep, I installed without any firewalls as I am behind a firewalled
gateway.  That shoulldn't be the issue here.

I am trying to decide which I need more, SAMBA or VMware on the
workstation.  I may remove VMware, set up SAMBA seperatly and get it
going then reinstall VMware without letting it install samba.

I believe the only reason for installing smaba with VMware is to allow
the Network Neighborhood to see other Win installations from inside the
guest Windows OS.  I can survive without this.  As long as I can have
access to the raw disk and write to my home directory from VMware, that
would be all I need.

Frankly, the only reason I even need VMware is to run Dreamweaver as I
support a few web sites.  This machine is a dual boot and I thought I
should have access to Dreamweaver without having to reboot for a minor
change to a site.  I wish they could get it to run under WINE.

Thanks, Sean
--

Visit McHenry Technologies <http://www.mchenrytech.com> McHenry
Technologies <http://www.mchenrytech.com>