[Samba] Samba 2.2.4 Released

William Jojo jojowil at hvcc.edu
Fri May 3 05:38:03 GMT 2002

It should read:

"The bug does *not* occur when the database is served by Samba and the
Office components for Access are on the local hard drive."

I worked with Jeremy on this and we tried many combinations of
implementations. We serve the entire Office suite (Office 2K and Office XP
- on separate machines) from shares in accordance with the directions set
forth by Microsoft. Both products exhibit the problem in Samba starting
with 2.2.3.

I am still compiling information for Jeremy on how to recreate the exact
installation we have, but the solution for us right now was to set:

nt status support = no

and everything ran fine from that point forward.

Thanks again, Jeremy! I will have the docs you need to recreate our
installation next week.

Bill