[Samba] Samba* and SQL pass backend

Damir Dezeljin programing at nib.si
Fri May 3 05:17:02 GMT 2002

I searched the samba archive but I didn't found information that satisfied
my questions:
- Is it posible to use MySQL (or any other SQL) for autenticating clients
on samba server withowt PAM (I don't like PAM, because it requires
unencrypted communication between client and server)?
- If it is posible, which version of samba supert SQL (Samba-2.3,
Samba-2.4, Samba-TNG, Samba-3.0alpha17,...)?
- Is there any documentation for setting up samba with such a
configuration (I need smb.conf parameters at least)?

10x in advance.

Regards,
Dezo