[Samba] flaky authentication

abartlet at samba.org abartlet at samba.org
Fri May 3 01:22:02 GMT 2002

On Thu, May 02, 2002 at 04:28:22PM -0600, Daniel Pasono wrote:
> Hello all.
>
> We are running Samba 2.0.7 on Solaris 8 with a Windows 2000 PDC in
> mixed-mode with a couple of NT BDCs.
> We are getting random authentication failures from Samba that are
> stopping people from accessing their home
> directories and such. I have two questions:
> 1) Are there any known issues with 2.0.7 interacting with 2000? (I
> couldn't find any)
> 2) In the Samba configuration we have all 3 (PDC, 2 BDCs) specified in

You don't mentation if you are using secuirty=server or security=domain

security=server is always flaky, due to the hiddious way it works.

security=domain has a race condition experienced under high load.  Samba 2.2.4
will ship with mutexes to prevent parallel authenticaions attempts (the cause
of the problem - NT4 and Win2k both have *different* bugs in this area)

Andrew Bartlett