[Samba] Browse Share by Valid User

Gerard O'Reilly oreilly at ssltbivdc.com
Thu May 2 20:16:02 GMT 2002

Hi,
I have a Samba share set up that my Windows 95 clients use to access
directories on my Red Hat Linux system.
I have set valid users for each share but when the Users browse in Windows
95 they see ALL the shares and not just the shares that they are valid users
for.  When the User clicks on a share that they are not a valid user for
then samba asks for a password and wont allow them in anyway.  BUt if they
are not a valid user I would like it set so that they dont even see the
share.  Is this possible?

Here is an example of my share

[KB_PRM]
path =
/home/httpd/html/knowledge_base/staff_department/planning_resource_manage
ment
browseable = yes
public = no
writable = yes
valid users = prdmgr2 intramgr

I hope someone can help me.

Mr. Gerard O'Reilly
Intranet Manager
Siam Stars Ltd/ Thai-Belgium Industrial Co. Ltd
21/6 Moo 3, Soi Kayha Bangbua,
Viphavadee Rangsit Road,
60 Talad Bangkhen,
Laksi Bangkok 10210