[Samba] Re:Swat Setup Information

Enrique Sanchez Vela esanchezvela at yahoo.com
Thu May 2 17:58:02 GMT 2002

here is my /etc/xinet.d/swat file
#default:on
service swat
{

   flags = REUSE
   socket_type = stream
   wait = no
   user = root
   server = /usr/local/samba/bin/swat
   log_on_failure += USERID
   disable = no
}

here is the /etc/pam.d/swat file......

atuh required /lib/security/pam_pwdb.so nullok shadow
account required /lib/security/pam_pwdb.so

after having those files in place just do.....
/etc/rc.d/init.d/xinetd restart

it should do the trick.

regards,
esv
One thing that i been having trouble myself too is
setting up swat. I dont
know if it could be the  xinet file or if
it the browser but if you get to work let me know .

Luis

Kenyon Wessman wrote:

>     I am inquiring about setup of the SWAT utility I
have installed Red
> Hat 7.0 with samba installed during the initial
setup of Redhat. I have
> two network cards installed in my Server and I am
connected to the
> internet via a Cable Modem. When I try to start SWAT
netscape displays
> the message that it cannot find the local host on
port 90. I have
> downloaded the book over samba and I have also tried
to edit the swat
> config file. I would really appreciate any and all
information on what