[Samba] Hallo Du....

Ivan Van Laningham ivanlan at pauahtun.org
Thu May 2 09:12:02 GMT 2002

Hi All--
abartlet at samba.org wrote:

> On Thu, May 02, 2002 at 07:13:38AM -0400, Jerry M. Howell II wrote:
> > just how the hell did this get on this list???
> >
> > grrrr
> >

> I understand its quite simple - it doesn't 'look' like spam - in particular
> it wasn't just HTML (one of the main tests for spam)

But the listowner hasn't disallowed posting by non-members.  Mailman
doesn't have any way to disallow attachments or to disable HTML, so the
best spam protection is to a) allow posts from members only; and b)
restrict access to the membership list to the listowner only.

These are very simple things to check on the list config page.

Metta,
Ivan
Ivan Van Laningham
Symantec
http://www.pauahtun.org
Army Signal Corps:  Cu Chi, Class of '70
Author:  Teach Yourself Python in 24 Hours