[Samba] Samba 3.0-17 Kerberos configuration errors to KDC

drew.arthur at mail.sprint.com drew.arthur at mail.sprint.com
Thu May 2 06:36:02 GMT 2002

I am trying to setup Samba 3.0-17 to join an AD Domain. When trying to
get kerberos 5 to talk to the KDC on the AD Server I get an error that
says
"KDC reply did not match expectations while getting initial
credentials."

kdlind01:/usr/local/bin # /usr/local/bin/kinit cts6000 at SSSMQS
Password for cts6000 at SSSMQS:
kinit(v5): KDC reply did not match expectations while getting initial
credentials

I can't find any good documentation on troubleshooting this issue. Can
anyone with experience in configuring Kerberos assist?