[Samba] Windows XP

Bernat Ginard Llado bernat at hse24.ws
Thu May 2 03:48:02 GMT 2002

Hi all,

I've got a server running samba 2.2.1a as a domain controler. Everything
seems to work fine with Windows 2000: I can add a machine to the domain
using the automatic procedure (add user script in smb.conf) on Windows
2000 and then login without any trouble.

The problem is that I've tried to do so with a couple of Windows XP and
it seems to register the machine into the domain: the usenames are
created, but when I try to logon it fails with a message saying that the
machine is not into the domain and this error message in the machine
log:

[2002/05/02 10:26:57, 0] rpc_server/srv_netlog_nt.c:get_md4pw(154)
  get_md4pw: Workstation xpbox$: no account in domain

Any clue on what's going wrong on Windows XP,

Thanks in advance,

Bernat