[Samba] [BUG] smbfs crashes when listing dir with sepcecial character

Felix Buenemann atmosfear at users.sourceforge.net
Wed May 1 02:24:02 GMT 2002

Hi,

[I'm not subscribed to this list, so please CC me, or agt least CC me to tell
you don't CC ;)]

I've found a bug in smbfs (kernel 2.4.18-SuSE here, both precompiled and
selfcompiled show this prob).
If I try to list a directory on an smbshare on a windows xp box, that contains
the character ->'<- (accent tegue(?)), the listing process will crash with
sig11 and all later processes tying to access the share will hang in state D
(unkillable).

The above mentioned char is in windows european (german) encoding. under linux
it shows as a different character, cygwin on the xp box escapes it as \264
(eg ls test\264xy.txt).

I've tared and gzipped a sample file on the windows box, in the hope that it
doesn't get mangled and you get the original file.

I'm happy to send more information, if you need.

--
Best Regards,
        Atmos