[Samba] joining samba pdc groups to local w2k groups

Georg Lutz glist at gmx.net
Sun Mar 31 06:31:07 GMT 2002

Hi,

I installed 2.2.3a with LDAP-Sam on Redhat 7.2 .

Joining w2k-clients to the PDC "ERCAG" and authenticatung users via ldap works.

But I am not able to join Domain-Users and Domain-Admins to the local
w2k admin and user-groups.

When I view the current members of w2k local groups I only get the
groupname "ERCAG\unix_group.214783404". When I try to add additional
groups from PDC I see only user-accounts and one group: "Domain Admins",
but I am not able to join the "Domain-Admin"-group.

I also can't see any posix-groups I added manually to ldap, although
they seem to work via smb and local server shell.

The error message is something like "not able to join to local group,
the member does not exist"(German w2k).