[Samba] NT_STATUS_ACCESS_DENIED after successfully joining do main

Gerald Carter jerry at samba.org
Fri Mar 29 07:48:03 GMT 2002

On Thu, 28 Mar 2002 CSBURRIS at ci.tacoma.wa.us wrote:

> Well, first my personal login is an NT Admin Login (necessary) and then -
>
> smbpasswd -j MYDOMAIN -r MYCONTROLLER -U myname
>
> Of course, the controller is not MYCONTROLLER, but the name (both wins and
> dns) of the PDC.
>
> I also have the controller name in the smb.conf file, since it doesn't work
> at ALL the other way.

OK.  I just fixed the '-r *' bug in smbpasswd.  Obviously this does not
affect you, but I just thought I would mention it for anyone that's
interested.

Did you follow Herb's advice and try to reproduce this with the
latest SAMBA_2_2.  As he indicated there was a big endian bug wrt to
joining a domain in the 2.2.3a release.  Was fixed about a week after
release.

Thanks.

cheers, jerry