[Samba] Information on setting up printers for windows clients (win2k/win9x)

Blanchard, Michael MBlanchard at grandaire.com
Thu Mar 28 12:50:05 GMT 2002

I have been looking for some documentation on setting up printers for
win2k/win98 clients.  I've setup a PRINTER$ share, made the
subdirectories, and it seems to work, except for all the new clients it
asks "no suitable driver found..." after that it works fine though.  Is
this normal?  It doesn't seem to put anything in the subdirectories of
PRINTER$.  Also, is there a way to set it up so it will automatically
download drivers to the clients no matter if they're win2k or win98?
And finally, what about manufacturer drivers?  how do you install HP
drivers instead of windows?

Mike Blanchard
Network Administrator
Webmaster - www.gaepilots.com