[Samba] MS Access and AccPac

Rodger Haynes rodger at thompsonprint.com
Thu Mar 28 06:54:08 GMT 2002

I am looking at migrating our Access2000 database and AccPac accounting
functions onto a Linux 7.1 server with Samba 2.0.7. I have installed the
Pervasive2000i server evaluation and all appears to work OK. I've only
used 2 clients and didn't appear to get any locking (or not locked)
problems. Both AccPac and Access run with data on the server and
application files loaded locally. The network has only 20 or 25 Win
95/98 clients, and security=user. Can anyone point me toward information
on problems to watch out for and settings to use. My main concern is
file integrity and avoiding corruption. The number of postings regarding
oplock problems has me concerned. Thanks in advance.