[Samba] NT2

abartlet at samba.org abartlet at samba.org
Wed Mar 27 21:17:02 GMT 2002

On Thu, Mar 28, 2002 at 10:37:54AM +1100, Damien Moriarty wrote:
> When are we going to see Samba Support for NTLMv2?  Almost every
> security standard for Windows 2000 networks specify the use of a pure
> NT2 environment yet I am still unable to implement that due to our samba
> shares.

In 2.2?  No, and not likaly.  In HEAD (samba 3.0 alpha) you will have better
luck.

For NT4?  As soon as sombody tests it - the server (should) already support it
(I just never got a chance to test it)

The problem is Win2k.  With 'use spengo = no' in your smb.conf it should be
the same as NT4.  We have some problems with NTLMv2 and NTLMSSP.

Andrew Bartlett