[Samba] Samba on SCO environment

Scott Shackelford scott at customtransport.com
Wed Mar 27 18:49:04 GMT 2002

I have SAMBA 2.2.3.a running on several SCO OpenServer 5.0.x machines and
one UnixWare 7.1.2 machines. Make sure you download gcc and gnumake off the
Skunkware CD or from their website http://www.sco.com/skunkware

Another note, if you don't have the development system installed, you will
need it even if you don't have a license for it. It will install the
libraries that you will need. Just make sure you use the /usr/local/bin/make
and not the /usr/bin/make when you compile SAMBA.

The license is only necessary to run /usr/bin/cc and /usr/bin/make

gnumake and gcc will work perfectly. Other than that, just follow the
directions in the documentation. Make sure you disable opportunistic locking
on OpenServer. (It works fine with UnixWare). I find SAMBA much better that
the VisionFS that comes with OpenServer.

   -Scott
    Custom Transport Systems, Inc