[Samba] RE: problem with nmbd renewing WINS registration

Jason Barker jbarker at edulog.com
Wed Mar 27 17:21:15 GMT 2002

Hmmm...
namelist.debug lists quite a few entries, all of which are very close to:
(Name = is different and Source = is different for other entries)

        Name = DEFIANT<00>      Source = PERMANENT_NAME
b_flags = 46    death_time = PERMANENT  refresh_time = Wed Mar 27 10:25:40
2002

                number of IPS = 1       172.16.128.50

It would seem that nmbd thinks that it doesn't have to renew it's name with
the WINS...but it will have to renew in a few weeks...
The time displayed was the time that I restarted nmbd this morning.