[Samba] Reverse DNS question

Kourosh Ghassemieh kourosh at loop.com
Wed Mar 27 15:02:48 GMT 2002

You could set up an internal DNS server for your network, which
is what I do.  Everything inside points to that DNS server and it
forwards queries it can't answer to the ISP's DNS servers.  This
also allows it to act as a caching server to speed up resolution
for frequently accessed domains.  Your other option is to make
entries for all the machines in your network in the /etc/hosts
file of your server.

My suggestion is to set up a DNS server for your internal network.

Hope this helps.