Antwort: Re: [Samba] Domain Groups

martin.hechenberger at mpreis.at martin.hechenberger at mpreis.at
Wed Mar 27 04:14:03 GMT 2002

Hi Andrew,

i finally made it work. A very useful hint in docu/man wold be the -td
flag used also for builtin domain groups:

# smbgroupedit -c "Domain Admins" -u "Whatever Unix Group" -td

The flag is missing in exactly this example.

Is there a possibility to define the RID for a group, not getting it
automatically when mapping it with smbgroupedit?

btw, I solved the domain-sid-change-problem as you didn't give me an
advice: I used a hex-editor to manipulate secrets.tdb :-)

Thank you

Martin

MPREIS Warenvertriebs GmbH
DI Martin Hechenberger, EDV-Entwicklung