[Samba] SGI XFS RedHat 7.2 Boot CD

Gareth Blades gareth.blades at webscreen-technology.com
Wed Mar 27 03:45:20 GMT 2002

I have just added XFS support quite easily.

I have two RAID1 sets. Both were initially ext3. The first was the main
operating system install. The second was empty and was going to store just
the data files.

First I downloaded all the non 'devel' files from
ftp://oss.sgi.com/projects/xfs/download/latest/cmd_rpms/i386/ and
installed/updated them.

Then I download the Redhat kernel RPM from :-
ftp://oss.sgi.com/projects/xfs/download/latest/kernel_rpms/i386/contributed-
RH-updates/2.4.9-31-RH7.1-RH7.2/kernel-2.4.9-31SGI_XFS_1.0.2.i686.rpm

I installed the kernel RPM which did everything including adding the kernel
boot options to grub. All I needed to do was to change the grub config to
load the XFS kernel by default.

Then it was just the case of reformatting the second raid partition as XFS
and changing the fstab file.