[Samba] unable to install printer. access is denied.

Matthew Whitworth matthew at okcomputer.org
Wed Mar 27 00:02:22 GMT 2002

I've been pulling my hair out trying to get printing working correctly for
weeks since I upgraded to the 2.2.x series.  I finally got the Add Printer
Wizard installing the driver files into the appropriate directory, but
when I click on the Finish button, I get a dialog box with "Unable to
Install Printer.  Access is denied."

I'm assuming from a few things I've read that this is because I have not
specified an "addprinter command".  Are there examples of such things out
there?  I have seen no documentation other than the suggestion that it
should point to a script capable of adding printers.  Other than adding an
entry to /etc/printcap, what else would an "addprinter command" script
need to do?

Thanks in advance,

Matthew

struct matthew_whitworth {