[Samba] want to know about samba in linux 7.1

Brian Whitehead bwhitehd at earthlink.net
Tue Mar 26 21:36:02 GMT 2002

Do you mean Redhat 7.1?  7.1 is the distributions (Redhat, Debian,
Slackware, .....) version number not the generic term Linux.  You will have
a kernel number 2.x.x and a distribution will have a completely different
number.  A distribution is simply someones packaging of the Linux kernel
with their add-ons and customizations.  Just wanted to help you understand
what the version numbers mean.

--
Brian