[Samba] Can't ping the client

Brian Whitehead bwhitehd at earthlink.net
Tue Mar 26 21:05:03 GMT 2002

Sounds like you need to do some network troubleshooting first.  Start by trying to ping the client from a third machine if you have one available on the network.  Make sure that you have good cables and good connections.  If you don't have a tester trying switching them out or swapping them between machines and see if the problem follows or remains the same.  Check all of your network settings and name resolution settings.  Make sure you don't have any firewall applications enable or tcpwrappers setup.

Start at the network, before trying to work on Samba.

--
Brian