[Samba] amoote@ivhs.com

stegbthmailing at tronicplanet.de stegbthmailing at tronicplanet.de
Tue Mar 26 17:09:49 GMT 2002

hi alan,

we used the suse 7.3 standard installation cd. (installing it on a 1gb root
partition) and afterwards i recompiled 2.4.18+xfs-1.0.2 (selected xfs and
posix-acl, which is directly below, and configured the lvm.

the only things: you need the at least the 2.0.x tools for all the functions.
(if needed i have the tools on our ftp-server, also rpm for suse 7.3)
then i recompiled samba with ./configure --with-acl-support --$other-features

and it worked.

ah, if using it as pdc, remove the acl support from the share, where the profile
get stored by adding the function "nt acl support = no" cause you get troubles
with w2k-sp2 if not.

maybe it helped
thomas