[Samba] 2.2.3a mount 2.2.2 share

Oscar Chao ochao at sunpowercorp.com
Tue Mar 26 15:35:08 GMT 2002

I had a similar issue when I installed samba 2.2.2 from the rpm package on a
RH 7.2: I couldn't mount any shares and I got the same message. The problem
turned out to be that smbmnt is installed under /usr/sbin and that directory
is not in the path by default in RH.

Check if that solves the problem in your case, either add a symbolic link
under /usr/bin or add /usr/sbin to the path.

Oscar.