[Samba] PDF Print command

Martyn Ranyard ranyardm at lineone.net
Tue Mar 26 06:45:03 GMT 2002

At 09:32 AM 3/26/02 -0500, David Brodbeck wrote:
>Unfortunately that's no good on NT 4.0 -- the file gets written with the
>same privilages as the print driver, which means local Administrator.
>Unless I gave admin privilages to every user they'd be unable to manipulate
>the resulting files.  If you're not running NT, or don't mind your users
>having administrator privilages, it works great, though.

In that case, surely you just implement a guideline that the users must
print to file onto a samba share and do a force user / group / mask on that
share?

/me does lateral

>Incidentally, fair warning -- it seems to be impossible to completely
>uninstall RedMon once you've installed it.  At least, it was on my system.

Martyn Ranyard

I am not a member of the samba team,
and anything that I say may not be as
accurate as a response from one of the