[Samba] RE: Roaming Profile, LDAP, samba PDC/(pseudo)BDC, and nt acl support

Adam Fairhall Adam.Fairhall at opus.co.nz
Mon Mar 25 18:41:06 GMT 2002

> In addition to the profile loading problem, since we have switched to
> LDAP we are having an issue where the first attempt to log off doesn't
> work unless you go ctrl-alt-del, log off.  ie Alt-F4 logoff and logoff
> from the start menu partly log you off (no icons on the desk, no start
> bar) you have to go ctrl-alt-del, log off to log off properly.  This
> also seems to apply to shutdown/restart.

Turns out it doesn't matter which log off method you use.  The first
time you hit ctrl-alt-del nothing seems to happen, but you can then log
off however you want or hit ctrl-alt-del again to get up the regular
win2k windows security dialogue box. I was putting this down to not
striking the keys properly.

Thanks
Adam
:->