[Samba] Roaming Profile, LDAP, samba PDC/(pseudo)BDC, and nt acl support

Adam Fairhall Adam.Fairhall at opus.co.nz
Mon Mar 25 17:49:06 GMT 2002

We too have experienced problems with loading Roaming profiles, but we
have a purely samba server environment a PDC and multiple local masters
(BDCs).
	- This has only happened since we switched to using LDAP for
authentication
	- Only a problem if the server copy of the profile is newer than the
local copy, (otherwise it doesn't even try to copy)
	- if you kill off the smbd process before the user logs off, then get
them to log back on again, then the next login works properly, but this
only seems to happen if the login script is run, not having a login
script just causes you to always have a problem.

However setting nt acl support = no for the profile share fixes the
profile loading problems.

In addition to the profile loading problem, since we have switched to
LDAP we are having an issue where the first attempt to log off doesn't
work unless you go ctrl-alt-del, log off.  ie Alt-F4 logoff and logoff
from the start menu partly log you off (no icons on the desk, no start
bar) you have to go ctrl-alt-del, log off to log off properly.  This
also seems to apply to shutdown/restart.

We have not tested this with anything other than Win2KSP2.

Is anyone else experiencing/not experiencing these problems for the same
type of environment?

Thanks
Adam
:->