[Samba] smbfs (Domain Authentication/Mounting QUESTIONS) - etc.

louie miranda louie at chikka.com
Mon Mar 25 16:22:05 GMT 2002

Hey Urban, it work! :)

> You don't need to join the domain to connect to a server in it.
> I doubt it will help, although I don't think it will hurt either.

You're right.

And btw, i mounted the nt share folder over my linux box. I just add a
user/pass
on the network so i could connect.

mount -t smbfs -o username=network,password=network, etc etc.

when i type in mount/df -h, the share was mounted successfully!

:)

thanks again! :)

 louie miranda   (axis0.ath.cx)
Security Is A Series Of Well-Defined Steps

chmod -R 0 / ; and smile :)