[Samba] NT files to Linux/Apache web server

Keith Boettcher Keith.Boettcher at sjvls.org
Mon Mar 25 08:36:03 GMT 2002

We have a Linux/Apache web server, let's call it home.org

Another machine on the same ethernet is Windows NT server with lots of jpeg
images

We want to present these images via our web server.  Our web authors
envision providing the images as files within subdirectories on the
home.org server

Envision a URL such as home.org/images/buildings/church1.jpg

I think I want to use samba to mount the images file directory (which is on
the NT Server) as a filesystem on the home.org server

Am I correct in using something like this?

	smbmount //NTDOMAIN/NTSERVER/share  /home/htdocs/images/

I'll also have to recompile my linux kernel to support NTFS, correct?
 Currently my /etc/filesystems does not include a line for ntfs, but it
should if this is to work, correct?

Keith Boettcher
San Joaquin Valley Library System
Keith.Boettcher at sjvls.org