[Samba] Is Samba Slow?

Pablo Alcaraz pabloa at mbasystems.com.ar
Mon Mar 25 07:58:11 GMT 2002

Yes, but if I put two ethernet with samba in the same subnet, can I
duplicate the bandwidth? I mean, statistically the half of the clients
connect to one card and the half connect to another?

I made perfomance test with win95 clients connected to the same switch
that the samba server. I copy 1gb file from smb to win95 and viceversa:

smb -> win95: 4.04mb/sec
win95 -> smb 4.59mb/sec

These numbers are similar as smbclient, and they ar *far* from 8mb/sec
of ftp transactions from linux clients.

Any idea?

I'll run perfomance test in w2k machine's and ftp transfers too.

Pablo