[Samba] [Off-topic] mime/html filtering

Martyn Ranyard ranyardm at lineone.net
Mon Mar 25 02:41:07 GMT 2002

Hi all,

   Sorry for sending this to the list, but I hope that this will help us all :

   I would like to propose that this list uses demime (
http://scifi.squawk.com/demime.html ), as without it we loose the footer
and other things are annoying, like people who use mixed format and font
sizes that at a high res are just too damn small.  The only problem I can
see is that it may (I assume - I haven't used it myself) block attachments
e.g. smb.conf or logfiles.  Maybe the list administrator can have a look at
the program and get it to filter the mime and not attachments, or maybe we
don't want attachments, oh hell, that debate will no doubt rage for days.

   Anyway, I just wanted to suggest it.

Martyn Ranyard
Free Software Advocate

icq - 122500800