[Samba] Cannot execute some programs on samba shares

Jean-Marie Bussat JMBussat at lbl.gov
Sun Mar 24 20:07:02 GMT 2002

Hello,

I've got samba-2.2.3 running fine (linux-2.4.5) as a file server
for a windows98 computer.
Everything is running well except that I have some programs that
can't be executed from the shares.
I don't know if it's related but all of them are DOS programs. I
have other windows95 "native" programs that are running properly.

I've seen a post about a similar problem on the list archive in
1997 but it seems the question was not answered. I was not able
to find anything else related to this issue.

Does anybody has an idea about the cause of this problem? If this
can help, I can provide the content of my smb.conf as well as
some debugging output (log.smbd).

Thanks in advance for your help.

Jean-Marie Bussat

P.S. I compiled samba from sources. I can also provide the list
of the configuration options I used but I doubt the problem can
be a that level.
--
 | Jean-Marie Bussat                     |