[Samba] Followup with file renaming bug

Jason jasone at apluscomputers.com
Sat Mar 23 20:48:02 GMT 2002

I wanted to submit what I found out, on a hunch.

I can rename from the command prompt in windows. I can also rename from
explorer if I turn off web conent for the folder. I believe its the type of
files I'm renaming, not the directories that they are in. Because they are
MP3s, Windows wanted to give a preview of them (it shows the slider and
play buttons in the left side of the pane if you use the "my comptuer"
view). When I disable that, I can rename from within Explorer.

So how do we get around that? =)

Thanks,
Jason
Network / Systems Eningeer