[Samba] smbfs (Domain Authentication/Mounting QUESTIONS) - etc.

louie miranda louie at chikka.com
Sat Mar 23 17:00:04 GMT 2002

Hi, I'll make this short and clear.

Im trying to mount a share folder on a windows nt machine
so let's say

=============
WORKGROUP = SYS

=============
Server = LINUX
SHARE Folder = winmount

=============
Server = WIN
SHARE Folder = linuxmount

So i typed in, on the linux console

mount -t smbfs -o username=administrator,password=admin //xp/linuxmount
/home/winmount

Yes this work's well, but when i tried this over w/ an NT Domain controller.

It does not work, does the mount "-o" option for
"username=administrator,password=admin" means
this is the one which im going to use to connect to a windows domain
controller to let me share
that folder over it, because i just get access denied.

Please help,

thanks..

 louie miranda   (axis0.ath.cx)
Security Is A Series Of Well-Defined Steps

chmod -R 0 / ; and smile :)