[Samba] drive mapping

lameck makukutu lmakukutu at houston.rr.com
Fri Mar 22 22:59:03 GMT 2002

i have an xp workstation, linux5.2,  6.2 and 7.3 workstations, connected to
a linux filesever running samba. when ever i reboot or logout of the xp pro
workstation i lose my drive mapping. i have tried to run the wizard in xp to
map the drives and check reconnect at login, but it keeps dropping off. when
i use 98 on the same pc, it maintains the drive mapings on all workstations
and samba server.
what can i do to get it to maontain the mappings after reboot? Iam trying to
install the linux fileservers and mailservers at my work place, replacing
the microsoft boxes. i am new to linux but know enough to get my way around.
please help!!!!!