[Samba] nt 4 works but w2k not!!! help!!!!!

Brian Whitehead bwhitehd at earthlink.net
Fri Mar 22 19:34:03 GMT 2002

First of all, you do NOT need plain text passwords.  This was only the case
prior to WinNT SP3 if my memory serves me.

Could you give a little more details on your setup.

What type of security setup are you using in Samba?  (user, domain, server,
....)
Are you using an NT PDC with Samba as a file server, Win2K professional as
clients?
Post your smb.conf.

The more details the more help we can be.  Have you read through all of the
docs with the latest release?

--
Brian