[Samba] upgrading from Samba 2.2.1a-4 to Samba 2.2.3a-4

Kevin Bramblett kbramblett at dssresearch.com
Fri Mar 22 12:17:02 GMT 2002

Has the Samba 2.2.3a-4 rpm been released for download, and if so, where
exactly is it?  I'm using RedHat 7.2.

I found a readme that said the current redhat rpm was corrupt and it was
going to be replaced.  Being as the download date of the rpm was a day later
than the message, I assumed it was good and downloaded it.  But I have run
into problems installing it.  As I am a nubie at this, it comes as no
surprise.  I get the error "file {filename} from install of
samba-2.2.3a-20020206 conflicts with file from package
samba-client-2.2.1a-4" where filename is various files.

How do I upgrade to 2.2.3a and not have these conflicts?

Thanks in advance,
Kevin Bramblett