[Samba] Re:ldap problems

Stefan (metze) Metzmacher metze at metzemix.de
Fri Mar 22 00:31:05 GMT 2002

Do you have problems to get access to the server?

what user name did you use whwn login to the win98 box?

td or DOMAIN\td  ???

Hello,
I am doing a samba pdc with ldap.  When I try to login to the domain, or
access some shares I get this in my ldap logs:

Mar  7 16:46:16 localhost slapd[3588]: conn=25 op=4 SRCH
base="ou=People,dc=test,dc=org" scope=1
filter="(&(objectClass=posixAccount)(uid=DOMAIN\5CTD))"
Mar  7 16:46:16 localhost slapd[3588]: conn=25 op=4 SEARCH RESULT
tag=101 err=0 text=

My domain/workgroup is "DOMAIN" and the username is "td".  What is up
with this?  The client is just a win98 box.

I attached my ldif of my test ldap server.  Thank you for any clues.

metze